Get In Touch
U1/6 Lindsay Street
Darwin, NT, 0800
+61 8 8981 8905
M-F: 8.30am – 5pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Incorporated in 1974 the Real Estate Institute of Northern Territory Inc. (REINT) is the peak body representing the Real Estate profession across the Northern Territory. The REINT is a politically non-aligned organisation that provides research and well-informed advice to the Government, Opposition, professional members of the real estate sector, media and the public on a range of issues affecting the property market.
The REINT provides a comprehensive representative voice for the Real Estate profession in the Northern Territory when it comes to lobbying Government on legislative issues and regulatory mattersThe history of Real Estate Institutes in Australia dates back to 1923 when the Association of Real Estate Institutes of Australia was formed to promote the interests of the people working in the profession. The original Institute was based in Victoria.
In 1956 the name was changed to the Real Estate & Stock Institute of Australia. In the same year Institutes were established in all State / Territory capital cities, with the Northern Territory being part of the South Australia Institute. The REINT is affiliated with the Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA)
The REIA goes back to the year 1923 when the Association of Real Estate Institutes of Australia was formed to promote the interests of the people working in the Industry, and was based in Victoria.
In 1956 the name was changed to the Real Estate & Stock Institute of Australia, still based out of Victoria. Institutes were established over the year in all State / Territory capital cities, with the Northern Territory being part of the South Australia Institute.
In 1974 the Northern Territory formed its own Institute and separated from South Australia. In those early years the office was located in what is now Jape Plaza, and staffed initially on a voluntary basis then on a part time paid basis. The REINT operated from the TCA (Territory Construction Association) then known as Master Builders Association building on the Stuart Highway, Parap, from 1984 till 1996. Jude Pickering was appointed as the first full time Executive Officer of the Institute. In 1996 REINT relocated with the assistance of the Agents Licensing Board to its present located, Real Estate House at 6 Lindsay Street, Darwin.
The Real Estate & Stock Institute’s name was changed in 1975 to the Real Estate Institute of Australia, and moved its headquarters to Canberra, where it is located today.
The REINT’s purpose and its core business has two outlooks: a specific member focus and an external stakeholder focus.
Member Focus: Support the continuous improvement in professonal standards of members through the provision to members of training and development programs, and reliable information.
External Focus: Provide credible advice, advocacy and information to government, allied industries, media and the public.
Our strategic plan is designed to:
Increase awareness of the professionalism of our members.
In achieving our mission, through implementing our goals, REINT gives priority to being:
- accountable to members
- fair in dealing with all parties
- supportive of community service engagement